Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mimicry Breeding 101 - by Silvanon
06-29-2009, 09:14 PM (This post was last modified: 06-29-2009 09:18 PM by Silvanon.)
Mimicry Breeding 101 - by Silvanon
Mimicry Breeding 101

First off, both bird mimics and plant mimics work the same way, so the answers below work for both. You don't have to worry about a plant x bird mimic breeding, it's not possible because bird mimics are only Kaiers and plant mimics are only Nymphushes.

I'm not going to explain in this post why these answers are true. If you want to know all the nitty-gritty details let me know and I'll explain, but beware, it involves lots of genetics!

Recommendation: To help yourself not be confused by the answers below, just skip over the questions that don't talk about your situtation.

How to I breed to get a male Mimic?

The guaranteed route:
1. Breed a male mimic to a female mimic and put a Male+ on the baby Seed.

2. Breed any Seed to a female Mimic, and put a Male+ fertlizer on the baby Seed. (You'll be able to tell whether the baby needs one by whether it shows mimicry as a Seed or not. If it's a plain Seed, dump that Male+ on it!)

The not-guaranteed routes:

3. Find a female Seed who's father is a mimic, and breed her to a mimic male Seed. The baby Seed has a 50% chance of being a mimic. You'll be able to tell at the Seed stage if it is or isn't. If it is, you can dump a Male+ on it to gurantee a male mimic baby.

4. Find a female Seed who's father is a mimic, and breed her to any male Seed. The baby Seed has a 25% chance of being a mimic. (50% chance if it is male, 0% chance of visible female.) You'll be able to tell at the Seed stage if it is or isn't a mimic. If it isn't, you can dump a Male+ on it and it'll have a 50% chance of turning into a mimic.

How to I breed to get a female Mimic?

The guaranteed route:
1. Breed a male mimic to a female mimic and put a Female+ on the baby Seed.

The not-guaranteed route:
2. Find a female Seed who's father or mother is a mimic, and breed her to a mimic male Seed. The baby seed has a 50% chance of being a mimic. You'll be able to tell at the Seed stage if it is or isn't. If it is, you can dump a Female+ on it to gurantee a female mimic baby.

How to I breed to get a guaranteed Mimic, if I don't care about gender?

1. Breed a male mimic to a female mimic.

2. Breed any Seed to a female Mimic, and put a Male+ fertlizer on the baby Seed. (You'll be able to tell whether the baby needs one by whether it shows mimicry as a Seed or not. If it's a plain Seed, dump that Male+ on it to turn it into a mimic!)

What breedings might possibly result in a mimic?

1. Breed a male mimic to a female mimic. 100% mimic babies.

2. Breed any Seed to a female Mimic. 100% of males will be mimics. 100% of females will carry the mimic gene but will not show mimic. 50% mimic babies overall.

3. Breed any Seed to a female who's father or mother is a mimic. 50% of males will be visible mimics. 0% of females will be mimics. 25% mimic babies overall.

What happens if I breed a mimic male to a mimic female?

The baby is a mimic.

What happens if I breed a mimic male to a non-mimic female?

If the baby is a female, she will not be a mimic, but will carry the mimic gene (she will have a chance of mimic babies). If the baby is male, he will not be a visible mimic nor will he carry the mimic gene.

What happens if I breed a mimic female to a non-mimic male?

If the baby is male, he will be a visible mimic. If the baby is a female, she will not be a mimic but will carry the mimic gene.

What happens if I breed a female who carries the mimic gene to a mimic male?

The baby has a 50% chance of being a mimic, and a 50% chance of being a normal Seed. Female babies who are not mimic will carry the mimic gene, while male babies who are not mimics will not carry the mimic gene.

What happens if I breed a female who carries the mimic gene to a non-mimic male?

If the baby is a male, he has a 50% chance of being a mimic, and a 50% chance of being a normal Seed who doesn't show or carry mimic. If the baby is a female, she will not be a visible mimic. She has a 50% chance of carrying the mimic gene and a 50% chance of not carrying the mimic gene.

I have a male Seed who's parent was a mimic, but he is not a mimic himself. Does he carry the mimic gene?

No.

I have a female Seed who's parent was a mimic, but she is not a mimic herself. Does she carry the mimic gene?

Yes.

I have a male Seed who's mother carries the mimic gene, but he is not a mimic himself. Does he carry the mimic gene?

No.

I have a female Seed who's mother carries the mimic gene, but she is not a mimic herself. Does she carry the mimic gene?

Maybe. 50% chance of it.

Can a male Seed ever carry the mimic gene but not show it?

No.

So every male seed that has a mimic gene is a visible mimic?

Yes.

Is that why there are so many more male mimics than females, and why there are more ways to get male mimics?

Yes.

Have a question that's not answered here, or that you're not sure about still? Ask away!

[Image: Silvanon_love.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed